I know many of you have been waiting for the latest and greatest updates from [FLN – Headquarters] and now is your chance to grab a coffee, carve out a moment in your calendar and really immerse yourself in these exciting updates and developments.
First and foremost, big thanks to everyone and anyone that really makes this a great organization in so many areas of practice with so many diverse backgrounds in so many different Chapters.
It is really great to report that live in-person Chapter meetings have already commenced, and even though attendance was a little lighter than usual, and the format was modified to accommodate those that could attend, it was a really great way to connect – reconnect and see so many great and wonderful friends over the last several weeks.
So here is the scoop . . . . .
Again, if you did not receive, digest, or remember the prior FLN update from August 3, 2021, you can click this link to refresh your memory and recollection, but here is the gist of it.
Unless we hear and learn otherwise, the vaccines have been proven to be extremely effective against the current health crisis, and it’s great to learn that so many FLN Members have already been fully and completely vaccinated, as we can begin moving forward with lots of great experiences.
Here are just some of the many reasons why connecting in person has really been a great and awesome experience:
1. Laughing, smiling, and captivating with other people on a consistent and regular basis is actually very fun and healthy. It has been really great that Zoom and other technologies have been able to keep us connected, when we really needed to be physically distant, but it is very unlikely that any technology will be developed in our life-time that will be a comparable replacement for seeing, experiencing and laughing with other people in-person. Undeniably, the more laughing and smiling we do every day, the more health and life benefits we experience. And if you come to a live in-person FLN event, and you did not smile or laugh, you may have been in the wrong room at the wrong time.
2. The studies and research on this are very well established that over 90% of communication is non-verbal. How we sit. How we stand. How we stare at our phones when we are not interested in the discussion. All of these non-verbal form of communications are essential for connecting and staying connected.
3. The enormous number of individual and independent conversations that take place in a live setting is immeasurable. There are so many side discussions before the meetings, during the meetings and after the meetings that create some great and awesome connections and business opportunities.
So, for all those reasons, plus many more, FLN will continue to offer live in-person Chapter meetings as currently scheduled, whenever the conditions are safe and meaningful to do so.
Also, after conferring with our FLN – UAB (Unofficial Board of Advisers), (this is a collection of FLN Members that I reach out to for input on certain topics, and each of these 5 people have been FLN Members for many years and are very well aware of the format structure and values of FLN and their guidance and assistance is greatly and sincerely appreciated).
Here is the strategy.
Since we all know that everyone is currently at a different point during this Corona adventure, starting in September of 2021 FLN will be creating and offering the FLN Virtual Chapter option so that everyone and anyone that is part of an existing FLN Chapter can continue to connect and reconnect on a consistent and regular basis.
Depending on how many people would like to participate in the FLN Virtual Chapter option will determine the structure, the style, and the format, but it is the first step in making sure anyone and everyone gets a chance to connect, reconnect, and stay connected on a regular basis.
The FLN – Virtual Chapter option will take place from September through December of 2021, and as we learn more we can adjust, expand, and modify as necessary.
Due to the current circumstances, you do not have to give up your existing seat in your existing FLN Chapter at this time, but this will give you a chance to be part of the FLN Virtual Chapter as well, so you can continue to connect as we navigate the adventure.
If you are planning to stay connected and attend live in-person Chapter meetings, then no further action is required at this time.
If for any reason, you really don’t plan to attend any live in-person Chapter meetings in the near future, and you would like to be considered for the FLN Virtual Chapter option, then please click the link below and raise your hand ASAP.
Spots are always limited, and sooner is always better than later.
And yes, you can start in the FLN – Virtual Chapter and move back to your existing FLN Chapter, whenever you are ready, but for now, the FLN Virtual Chapter is designed to be a group of FLN Members that would like to connect and reconnect virtually now through the end of December 2021.
Again, these are challenging and exciting times, but the FLN Mission remains the same and that is to give experienced attorneys and professionals a tremendous opportunity to build and develop valuable connections on a long-term basis.
In case you got distracted, here is the summary:
1. Live In-person Chapter meetings are extremely beneficial for many reasons,
2. Virtual FLN Chapter meetings are now an option,
3. Vaccines are very effective and provide some great assurance in moving forward with much better confidence than before.
Finally, for those of you that give up on connecting completely – there will always be some great books we can recommend.
As we all know, these challenges can seem frustrating, but these opportunities definitely create some very interesting and innovations solutions.
Again thanks to so many of you that make this a great organization for attorneys and professionals to stay connected, and I sincerely look forward to seeing and connecting with all of you very soon.
-Mo N. ElDeiry, Esquire
[FLN – CEO & Founder]
Click to view the details and register for the [FLN Virtual Chapter]